Pursuit of Happiness – The Buddhist Way
Why is life so stressful?
How to gain happiness and relieve suffering in life?
How can we relate Dharma to solve our problems in family, relationship and daily encounters in general?
“If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts, happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.” (Dhammapada Verse 2)
Details for the Dharma Talk are as follows:
Date: 10 March 2017 (Friday)
Time: 19:00 to 22:30
Venue: Nanyang House Seminar Room 2, Level 2 (NYH is located across Canteen 2)
Speaker: Dr. Ho Eu Chin
- Dr Ho is an Otolaryngology Consultant at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. He had previously trained and worked in the United Kingdom before moving to Singapore 5 years ago.
- Dr Ho is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Academy of Medicine Singapore and holds a Master of Medical Education from the University of Warwick. He is also a William Osler House Tutor at Lee Kong Chian School at Medicine, NTU and Clinical Senior Lecturer at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
- Dr Ho has been a practising Buddhist since his teenage years and he endeavours towards a humanistic practice of clinical medicine.
- He volunteers with Tzu Chi International Medical Association and he has provided free medical care to needy communities in Cambodia, Philippines and Sri Lanka.
- He has given Dhamma talks at Buddhist Fellowship, Ngee Ann Polytechnic Buddhist Society and was a speaker at the 8th Global Conference on Buddhism
- Dr Ho is also the Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Brahm Centre, which is a Singapore Voluntary Welfare Organisation with IPC status which seeks to promote happier and healthier living through the practice of mindfulness.
There will be fellowship session organized by NTUBS fellowship committee. Light refreshments are also provided at the end of the talk. Wait no more, come and join us now to make your Friday meaningful!
Should you have any doubts or enquiries, you can contact Bro. Thomas (Dharma Propagation Director) at email@example.com or 94475090.