1-Day Meditation Retreat: “Relax Your Mind”
Feeling stressful? Head cracking for quizzes, assignments, revision, study, etc?
Then One-day Meditation Retreat is for you! It’s time to rest your mind-body!
Calming Puja ▪ Inspiring Talk ▪ Joyful Sitting ▪ Mindful Eating ▪ Tranquil Walking
Join us in our One-day Meditation Retreat to regain inner peace and relieve stress! Tranquil sitting and walking meditations, and Dharma sharing by Ven. Phra Goh & Ven. Chuan Guan will surely enlighten your day.
Please take note that:
*The class will be conducted in English.
**Noble silence should be observed throughout the retreat.
Details for the meditation retreat are as follows:
Date: 1 April 2017 (Saturday)
Time: 09:00 to 17:00 (Registration starts at 08.30 AM; Event starts at 09:00 AM)
Fees: $4.00 (for vegetarian lunch)
Venue: Nanyang House Function Room Level 2 (NYH is located across Canteen 2)
Conducting Venerables: Ven. Chuan Guan & Ven. Phra Goh Chun Kiang
Registration link: https://tinyurl.com/bsretreat
*Vegetarian lunch will be catered by the organizer.
**Registration deadline: 30 March 2017, 11.59pm
Conductor’s Profile: Ven. Chuan Guan
- Ordained under Master Miu King ( 妙 境 長 老 ) in 2002, began his monastic training in Fa Yun Monastery (New Mexico, United States).
- Learned the sutras and practised meditation under the Mahayana Buddhist tradition while studying the Theravadin Pali Canon.
- 2006 to 2016, trained and served as resident monk in Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery (KMSPKS) and the Buddhist Library.
- Focus on Dharma learning, meditation and provides counselling and spiritual services.
Conductor’s Profile: Ven. Phra Goh Chun Kiang
- Currently the spiritual advisor of Buddhist Youth Network (BYN).
- Spiritual advisor of Singapore Polytechnic Buddhist Society.
- Received higher ordination into the Thai Dhammayut tradition at Santi Forest Monastery in Johor, Malaysia in 2008.
- Took 3 refuges and 5 precepts from Khen Rinpoche from Amitabha Buddhist Centre in 2001.
- Previously served as Publications Secretary and President for Singapore Polytechnic Buddhist Society.
- Was a volunteer Sunday school teacher at KMSPKS.
So, what are you waiting for? Register now before the closing date! Be sure to make your Saturday meaningful.
Should you have any doubts or enquiries, you can contact Bro. Thomas (Dharma Propagation Director) at email@example.com or 94475090.