Hello! Welcome to the CNYSP Records! In this webpage, you will find all the records ever set by your fellow CN Yang Scholars, or your predecessors. These records range from the weirdest, funniest, smartest to the most jaw-dropping things! Have an idea of a new record to set? Or of a record you want to break? Read on further and we wish you all the best in your attempts!
– Proudly presented by the Special Projects Portfolio
4 easy steps to create/break a record!
1. Think of a record that you want to set/break
If you want to create a new record, make sure your record fits the following criteria:
- Measurable – Is it the fastest / longest / heaviest / greatest?
- Breakable – Can the record be challenged and broken by someone else?
- Standardisable – Can the record title be done universally? For example, it cannot be related to something restricted to a region.
- Verifiable – Can the claim be proven? Are there any evidences to support the claim?
- One Variable – For example, ‘The most number of ice cream eaten within a period’ is accepted but ‘The most number of ice cream eaten by the greatest number of people within a period’ is not.
- Universal – The proposal must be about something that is well known by people. It cannot be too specific.
2. Sign up by filling up this link below!
3. Let the Special Projects Portfolio verify your records (either setting up a meeting or sending a video of your record attempt to us)
If no one else contends your record by the end of two weeks after the Special Projects Portfolio has witnessed you setting it, you will receive a personalised certificate of achievement, and your name will be officially written down in the CNYSP Records ;)
4. Success! Show off to your other peers what you have achieved.
~ – ~ – ~
List of Records
Fastest Time Taken to Eat a McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger/Fillet-O-Fish – 1 min 42 s – Kenneth Ooi Wen Rui (Year 2) – 24 January 2017
Fastest Time Taken to Solve a Rubiks Cube – 20 s 50 – Jeremy Goh Swee Kang (Year 2) – 26 January 2017
Fastest Time Taken to Solve a Rubiks Cube 1-handedly – 1 min 33 s 60 – Kenneth Ooi Wen Rui (Year 2) – 24 January 2017
Longest ‘Yea Boi’ Challenge in Single Breath – 36 s 3 – Luar Shui Song (Year 1) – 18 February 2017
Most Number of Academic Units Taken in a Semester – 34 AUs – Erickson Tjoa (Year 4) – AY16/17 Semester 2
Most Number of Claps Done in 30 s – 264 – Darren Tan Pei Kun (Year 1) – 24 January 2017
Most Number of Consecutive Chapteh Kicks – 21 – Dong Weien (Year 1) – 12 January 2017
Most Number of Marshmallows Stuffed into One’s Mouth – 11 – Lou Wei Hao Darren (Year 2) – 12 January 2017
Tallest CN Yang Scholar (Female) – 173 cm – Foong Hui Min (Year 1) – AY16/17 Semester 2
Tallest CN Yang Scholar (Male) – 185.5 cm – Alvin Heng Jun Ren (Year 1) & Foo Xiang Bin (Year 1) – AY16/17 Semester 2
~ – ~ – ~