NTU – Career and Attachment Office in collaboration with NTU Graduate Student Council
Name of Activity:
PhD Alumni Mentor Networking Event
29th May 2015, 19:00 – 21:30, NTU Institute on Asian Consumer Insight (ACI), S4-B5
Target Audience: Postgraduate NTU Students
No. of participants: 65
- Introductory talk session by NTU-Career & Attachment Office (CAO), NTU-GSC Career and Entrepreneurship committee Director.
- Introduction of NTU-CAO and the mentors for the event.
- Introduction of NTU-Graduate Student Council in addressing the career needs and aspirations of current Masters and PhD students
- An informal group discussion with the mentors that covered
1) In depth understanding of various industries and job profiles.
2) The realistic picture of the industry
3) Experience sharing by the mentors that might help students to avoid mistakes and pitfalls.
4) Widening of industry connection that leads to better chance of getting a job or internship opportunity.