Within the Career Talk series III, the NTU-GSC Career & Entrepreneurship Committee has recently invited Satsheel Shrotriya, Aayush Singhania, Snigdha Singhania and Sonal Chinchwadkar to share how to “Plan Your Career with Industry Insight”.
Date/Time/Venue: 17th September 2016 / 11am–2pm / LHS LT at HIVE
Brief about the speakers
- Satsheel Shrotriya is a Senior Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Co.
He has more than 10 years of working experience in big firms, after obtaining his PhD in Management.
- Aayush Singhania is a Senior Manager at Paypal – Global strategy & BD.
Previously he worked for other big firms as McKinsey & Company, Citibank Singapore Ltd. and JPMorgan Chase. Before pursuing a MBA in Finance, he obtained his Bachelor’s Degree at Nanyang Technological University.
- Snigdha Singhania is an Associate at Google Singapore.
After her Master’s Degree in Economics, she worked as a business analyst and as a business development associate.
- Sonal Chinchwadkar is a Learning & Design Manager at 3D Networks.
She has more than 10 years of working experience, holding different kind of jobs both in big and small companies. She obtained her Master’s Degree at Nanyang Technological University – Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (NTU-WKWSCI).
During the talk, the speakers shared their personal working experiences, giving advice to students for their current/future job hunting.
The talk was quite dynamic, with presentation alternating to Q&A session concerning the topic covered at that moment.
In particular, the following were covered:
- Students’ expectations about the talk.
- Singapore Job Scene.
- How to build a professional network in Singapore.
- Jobs and dream jobs: one or many dream jobs during our life?
- Creating a story behind your Resume: what is a good story and how to tell it?
- Writing your Resume: tips and format.
- How do companies shortlist candidates?
- Cover letter.
- Use LinkedIn effectively.
- Interview: dos and don’ts.
- Interview preparation: most common asked questions.
The talk was followed by a networking session.
To download the slides of the event, please click here.