Rules and Regulations
Photo Competition “meANDntu”
1.1. The competition is open to all NTU Graduate Freshmen from the August 2017 intake.
1.2. Image has to contain the participant with the background related to NTU.
1.3. Image has to be taken between 01 July 2017 and 05 August 2017.
- SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
- All submissions should be made in JPEG/JPG format. Submitted entries must be at least 1,280 x 1,024 resolution (1.3MP) but not more than 10MB in file size.
- Each participant can only submit one to Orientation August 2017 Facebook Group with hashtag # Each entry shall consist of maximum three (3) photographs.
- Digital manipulation of the real image is not permitted. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable. Basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping will be permitted.
- Photographs must be tasteful and portray NTU in positive manner and must not contain obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit, or inappropriate content. The organizers have final say in deciding whether images conform to appropriate standards.
- Photographs must not have any border, date-stamp, or watermark.
- All original files must be submitted for verification upon notification, failing which, the entries will be disqualified. EXIF metadata should not be removed when original files are submitted.
- Deadline for submission is 05 August 2017, 23:59 hrs and participants are entirely responsible for all entry-related costs.
- The file name for each image should be clearly labelled with the participant’s name followed by the name of the place where the photograph was taken. Example: ZouKunru The Hive(1).
- The organizers reserve the right to reject entries that do not meet the stated requirements.
- COPYRIGHT/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Each image submitted must be the original and unpublished work of the participant who must also be its copyright owner.
- The participant shall retain the copyright for images entered in the competition.
- By submitting an image for the competition, the participant grants the organizers the right to use the image in print, broadcast and/or electronic media without any fee payment, for the purposes of promoting the competition, post event reports, or publicity of other events by NTUGSC in the future.
- Images received by the organizers through the competition shall not be used for any commercial purposes.
- Participants will be credited alongside their photographs.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and non-exchangeable for cash or kind.
- The organizers reserve the right to change or replace the competition prizes and/or modify the contest rules and regulations as and when necessary, without prior notice.
- The organizers shall not be held liable for any fault with the prizes awarded and any issues or queries in this regard should be addressed to the manufacturer/supplier of the prizes.
- JUDGING AND RESULTS
- There will be three (3) winners, consisting of one (1) winner for ‘People’s Choice’ category and two (2) winners for ‘Most Creative Image’ category.
- The winner for ‘People’ Choice’ category is determined based on the number of (likes) received by the entry in the NTU GSC Orientation August 2017 Facebook Group at 23:59 hrs on 05 August 2017.
- Two winners for ‘Most Creative Image’ category will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision will be final and binding. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and final decision will be entertained.
- The panel of judges will evaluate the images based on the following criteria:
– Artistic/visual appeal.
– Extent to which the photograph fits the theme.
- Results of the competition will be announced during the Graduate Freshmen Welcome Tea and Orientation Event (11th August 2017, 2:45pm – 5pm, NTU LT1A). Winners will also be notified via Facebook and/or email.
- ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
- By submitting an entry for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations of the competition.
- THE ORGANIZERS
- The #meANDntu2017 photography competition is organized by NTU Graduate Student Council (NTU GSC) Orientation Committee and NTU GSC Photography Team.