JV Session 1: Introduction
- The local students did their self-introductions in Japanese while the Japanese students did theirs in English.
- They then played Takenoko Nyokki where instead of shouting the next number, you must shout out the name of a person in your group followed by “nyokki”.
JV Session 2: Hobbies
- The students had to draw on paper what their hobby is and did group sharing/discussion of their hobbies.
- They also played a game where each person can only draw 1 line at a time and form a picture story for the last person to guess the hobby drawn.
JV Session 3: Food
- We set up a Kahoot Trivia Quiz on Japanese Food to the test the students’ knowledge on Japanese cuisine.
- Introducing different types of food from Japan and popular food in Singapore.
- The students then had group sharing/discussions on their favourite and most disliked food.
JV Session 4: School Life – Fashion
- We showed the students a video on rules and regulations of dress codes in Japanese schools
- We then introduced the unique school uniforms in Singapore and common attire wore by different faculties in NTU
- The students had a group sharing/discussion on their fashion and school uniforms.
JV Session 5: School Life – Education
- We compared the differences between Singapore and Japan’s education system.
- The students then attempted Waseda’s Entrance Exam Question.
JAC’s attempt on Waseda University’s Entrance Exam Question
Hope everyone had fun in the past JV session! We hope to see everyone for the subsequent sessions~
For more information and enquiries, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a Facebook message