Adventure Trail Challenge
28th May 2017
$45 per pax
extra $15 for bike rental
$45/$50 per pax
extra $15 for bike rental
$55 per pax
extra $15 for bike rental
$55 per pax
extra $15 for bike rental
Race Terms & Conditions
- Participants must be aged 16 years and above to be qualified to take part in any of the categories.
- Teams in the Amateur & Inter-Varsity category will consist of 4 members and teams in the Mixed Open and Men’s Open category will consist of 2 members. All categories except Men’s Open MUST consist of at least one member of the opposite gender.
- Participants studying in any University are qualified to participate in the Inter-Varsity category.
- Participants working or studying in any Secondary School (aged 16 and above), Integrated Programme, Junior College or ITE are qualified to participate in the Amateur Category.
- All teams must report at least 45 minutes before their flag off time at the registration counter. Any teams that report after the registration period will be unranked.
- Full team strength must be present during registration.
- Race singlet and race bib must be visibly worn at all times.
- Use of all electronic devices other than wristwatches is prohibited (e.g. cell phone, pager, radio, etc.) during the race.
- All equipment should be waterproofed if necessary.
- Team members must stay together at all times. Any team that violates this rule shall be automatically disqualified.
- Teams must adhere to the instructions of race official throughout the race.
- All team members are to report to the CHECK-IN station immediately upon arrival at a new checkpoint.
- All team members are to report to the CHECK-OUT station immediately after they have completed their checkpoint’s task.
- Check in and out will only be done when all group members are present at counters.
- The Race Organising Committee reserves the right to change the rules or the course at any given time.
- Teams who failed to complete the race within the stipulated cut off time will be disqualified.
- Participants may choose not to be involved in any aspect of the race. However, it will result in the unranked of the team. Teams or participants electing not to participate in any technical sections must report to a race official at the respective technical section to state their intention and receive instructions about continuation of the race.
- Teams with members who fall out at any point during the race will also be unranked.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ANY RULES AND REGULATIONS CAN RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF THE ENTIRE TEAM.
HOWEVER, RACE OFFICIALS WILL ASSESS THE SITUATION ACCORDINGLY AND RESERVE THE RIGHTS TO MAKE THE FINAL DECISION.
- If inclement weather occurs at the start of the race, the Race Organising Committee reserves the right to withhold the flag off time of the race until deemed safe by the race officials to continue.
- Should bad weather persist, the Race Organising Committee reserves the right to cancel the race without refund of fees paid in the interest of the competitors’ safety or any other reasons. The Race Organising Committee’s decision will be final.
- If inclement weather occurs during the race, the race officials reserve the right to suspend the race until deemed safe by the Race Organising Committee to continue.
- If inclement weather occurs during the race, participants are advised to seek the nearest shelter along the route. They may continue on to the nearest checkpoint at their own risk. Further instructions will be given.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety during the event. All participants must also observe traffic regulations. The Organiser shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, resulting from injury, whether fatal or otherwise, of any participant or for damages to or loss of such person’s property. However, race official reserves the right to forbid the participants from starting or continuing with the race.
- Participants who are not certain of their physical and/or mental capacities to participate in this race are advised to consult their family doctor prior to participation.
- Participants must ensure that they are well-rested prior to the race day and are well-hydrated and equipped with personal hydration packs on race day.
- If participants feel unwell during the race, they must stop and seek medical attention from the race officials along the race route.
- Information sharing between teams within the race is considered a violation of rules. Any teams that are caught sharing information by the Race Organising Committee will be automatically disqualified.
- Participants are advised not to bring any valuables to the race. The Organiser shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any personal belongings deposited at the bag deposit service.
Adventure Trail Challenge 2017 only provides the minimal personal accident insurance coverage for participants. Participants partake in this event at their own risk and the Organisers shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss and/or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
It is recommended that you have your own adequate personal accident insurance or health insurance.
- First-Aid service will be provided during the race. There will be First Aid stations along the race route.
- Water re-hydration points shall be available along designated places within the race route.
- All check points will have communication accessibility to the Race Organising Committee.
THE ORGANISER WILL ISSUE THE T-SHIRT SIZE AS INDICATED IN THE REGISTRATION FORM, SUBJECTED TO AVAILABILITY.
IN THE EVENT WHEN THE CHOSEN SIZE IS UNAVAILABLE, THE ORGANISER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REPLACE IT TO THE NEXT BEST AVAILABLE SIZE.
Frequently Asked Questions
If one of my team members is unable to make it for the actual race, can I still take part with the remaining members of the team?
Yes, but your team would be unranked.
If I change my team member(s) at the last moment, will the replacement member(s) get a t-shirt size of his/her own?
Any replacement of team members must be made before 20th May 2017 and subjecting to the race organizing committee’s consent. T-shirt size will be subjected to availability.
I have not gotten my confirmation email after 2 weeks. what do i have to do and who do i contact?
Please send in your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I cancel my registration before the actual race, will I get refunded?
No refunds will be entertained. Participants are encouraged to find their own replacement and notify the race organiser by 20th May 2017.
If I change my mode of payment, who do I contact?
Send an email to email@example.com or contact Cheryl (+65 9649 4834) or Zi Hui (+65 9178 9343) to request for change of payment.
If I submitted wrong details (e.g. name spelt wrongly), who do i contact?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Cheryl (+65 9649 4834) or Zi Hui (+65 9178 9343) to request for any changes in particulars.
What is the latest time I can make changes to my particulars?
Any changes in particulars should be informed before 20th May 2017.
If I have already paid for bike rental and wish to cancel the rental (because I have my own bike), can I get a refund?
If I have only bike but no helmet, can I just rent the helmet?
No, the bike and helmet rental comes in a set.
Do you have a booth outside NTU or in other IHL (e.g. NUS) for people to register?
No, we do not have a booth outside NTU. however, you can register online at our registration page. (You do not even need to step into NTU!)
Can people in other universities register?
Yes. ATC is open to everyone, regardless of university.
Can a team from amateur or inter-varsity category be consisted of members from mixed institutes? (e.g. 3 AJC & 1 TJC or 2 NTU & 2 SMU)?
Yes. Team members need not be from the same institution.
Do I need to print the confirmation slip?
Yes, you will need to print the confirmation slip (you will receive it after your payment has been received) and bring it on the race day itself.
How many water points are there?
There are water points for every checkpoint and in between certain stations. We recommend that all teams are to carry at least a 1.5l of water per person.
How long is the race?
Will be announced on the pre-race brief.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch is not provided. Teams are advised to bring energy bars/snacks for the race.
Is there any element which requires the team to take taxi/public transport?
No. participants must complete the race by foot.
Will there be sealing of cell phones?
Yes. sealed cell phone will be checked upon finishing the race. Valid reason should be given if seal is broken. Race official reserves the right to disqualify the team if seal is broken without valid reason.
Are we allowed to take photo at the different checkpoints?
Photo taking is optional in the race. However it is not allowed in restricted areas.
When is the latest date for replacement of participants?
A valid reason must be presented. Teams are required to submit the particulars of the new participant who will be replacing the original member. The latest date for replacement of participants is 20th May 2017. Any replacement after the stipulated date will not be entertained.
Am I able to sign up as an individual?
Unfortunately, no. However, if you’re interested, please feel free to email to email@example.com or contact Cheryl (+65 9649 4834) or Zi Hui (+65 9178 9343) to indicate interest and we can help you find a team!
Will there be any baggage deposit on the event ground?
All personal belongings can be deposited at the bag deposit counter during the event.
What is the safety protocol?
In case of emergency, teams are to call safety officer whom will be announced during the pre-race brief. Vehicular evacuation will be conducted for serious injuries.
When can we collect the rental bike?
All rental bikes will be issued at the bike station.
What if I decide to rent a bike after I have made payment for the race fees?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Cheryl (+65 9649 4834) or Zi Hui (+65 9178 9343).
Is the cycling time counted?
Yes. All travelling time will be counted.
How do I stay abreast with the latest events that NTU ODAC is organizing?
Visit our website at NTU ODAC for the latest happenings!